Water Saving Week 2016
Are you taking part in Water Saving Week 2016? At Carron Bathrooms we are proud to be backing the campaign in our own bid to become more water efficient at Carron Bathrooms HQ.
What is it?
Waterwise, the leading authority on water efficiency, and WaterSafe, which operates a national register for customers to find approved plumbers, are working together to promote next week’s Water Saving Week campaign which runs from 21 – 25 March 2016. It aims to raise awareness of the need for everyone to use water wisely – whatever the weather and wherever the location – to protect this precious and finite resource for generations to come.
How can you save water in the workplace?
- Ditch bottles: Ask your workplace to replace bottled water with mains water fountains.
- Be competitive: Set goals and get offices competing for prizes by saving the most water.
- Have a water audit done: As well as simply offering advice, water companies can usually carry out water audits for offices and commercial premises, breaking down your water usage and telling you where and how you can save water in your workplace.
- Stay put when you need to meet: To refine 1 litre of petrol uses 10 litres of water and to produce the fuel to fly 100 miles uses 4000 litres of water, so try to do video conferences to avoid travelling unnecessarily.
- Save paper, save water: Each new sheet of A4 takes 10 litres to produce so buy recycled paper and card products for your workplace – you’ll also be helping to save trees and energy at the same time!
- Turn down the air-con: If your office has lots of air-con units it’ll be using a lot of water – try replacing some of these by gaining airflow through windows and vents instead.
- Washroom to Boardroom: Ask your workplace to make water part of the Board agenda to show it’s taken seriously and also share anything you’re doing at work to save water via your website, Newsletter, social media etc. Spread the good work you’re doing!
- Teacycle: Pour any leftover cold tea onto indoor plants, as long it’s not too milky you’ll be doing them good! Also, try and stick with the same mug all day for your hot drinks at work.
We’ll share how we get on through the week!